Welcome to the Web Page of the
Coed Glas Primary PTA
- We have a new PTA committee for the start of 2017! Thank you for your commitment you have made to the charity and we look forward to an exciting year ahead with you leading the way.
- The bike ride - A group of Coed Glas staff and community members are doing a challenging cycle ride to raise funds for the minibus. They will be setting off from Anglesey on Saturday 8th April, cycling an average of 75 miles a day, arriving in Cardiff during the evening of Monday 10th April. We’re planning a welcome home gathering for the cyclists and we’d love you to be there to show your support. You can sponsor/donate by clicking here: North to South Coed Glas Bike Ride
- The PTA Survey:- Thank you for completing the survey. You have provided us with brilliant fundraising ideas for our ideas bank. From this we can trial and test ideas to see what fits with our school.
Who we are:
The PTA is a group of dedicated parents, carers and staff who arrange events and projects with the help of the school and the local community. The PTA raise funds to put back into the school for the benefit of the 600 pupils currently attending Coed Glas Primary school. Coed Glas is well placed and well known in Llanishen. Pupils attending come from a broad range of backgrounds.
The New Committee Includes:
Chair: Eileen Wong
Secretary: Melanie Saffron
Our treasuere is: Ruth Allen
What we do:
The Summer and Christmas Fairs are the two major events organised annually by the PTA. These are our largest source of fund-raising. Other events we hold are the Leavers disco and Christmas and Easter activities for the children. The PTA also organise the KidsCards at Christmas time, Rags2Riches collections and Easy funding throughout the year. The PTA regularly provides refreshments at assemblies and open days held at the school. We are also involved in improving the school environment and hold gardening and playground make over afternoons. We also facilitate the monthly car boot sales, which are well known about within the local community. For the past few years we have worked in partnership with the school to purchase play ground equipment and most recently a defibrillator.
There was also enough money raised for the year 6 pupils to have first aid training by St Johns Ambulance earlier this academic year.
What we are planning Next:
We are currently raising money for a school bus! Our aim is to raise £15,000!! A minibus will help with transport to local attractions, sporting and cultural venues as well as utilising the many educational opportunities available beyond the local area.
How you can help:
- Come to one of our meetings - You are welcome to come along and join our enthusiastic group. You can keep updated about what is happening in the school and meet other parents. You can find out how to support your school in practical ways. Meetings are open to every parent or staff member and are held monthly. A warm welcome awaits you.
- Volunteer – We are always looking for parents who have a free moment, to bring any skills they might have, to be put to the benefit of the school. It could be baking, helping serve tea and coffee, painting, poster design, manning stalls or photocopying!
- Donate –We are always looking for donations. Be it rolls for our BBQ, stationary, bric a bac for the stall at the fairs, old school uniforms to sell on at the second hand uniform stall, paint, seeds, plants, providing raffle prizes, sponsoring sports kits, providing sports kits, etc.
- Match Funding – Does your employer ‘match funding’ or provide donations to the school?
- Easyfundraising- Sign up to earn money for the school when you shop on line.Click on the following link: Coed Glas Easy Fundraising
WHEN VOLUNTEERING YOUR TIME YOU COULD BE ELIGABLE TO EARN SPICE TIME CREDITS.
Click here to find out more: Spice Time Credit Info
9 March – Rags2riches collection
24 March - Family Afternoon Tea
6 April – Easter hunt & raffle
10 April – Welcome home gathering for Bike Ride
Car Boot Sales:
Recommencing later in 2017. Usually held on the 2nd Saturday of every month. Dates to be confirmed. Once confirmed, further details will be posted here. £3 PER CAR - £5 PER VAN - Sellers can arrive from 7.30am
Please click here for a copy of the minutes of the meeting held January 2017 Meeting Minutes 20/01/17
Our Contact Details:
Follow us on Twitter @coedglaspta
Alternatively, messages may be left with the school on: (029) 20 754862