Our topic for the Summer term is 'Wonderful World'
This project has a geography focus and teaches children about thegeographical and historical significance of recognised ‘Wonders of the World’. At the heart of this project children write narrative stories set in a range of locations and develop additional skills in descriptive writing for leaflets, travel brochures and multimedia
presentations. In the Innovate Stage children apply their skills and understanding by developing a tourism package for the British Tourist Authority presenting their own ‘Welsh 7’ wonders.
In this project the children will learn:
• About the locations of the ‘Wonders of the World’, including the countries that they are located in and about their geographical, historical and cultural significance;
• About different categories of wonders of the world including the natural, ancient and modern world;
• How to use maps, plans, data and information to find out about arange of places;
• How to write narrative stories in a range of settings;
• How to use geographical and historical knowledge in a creative way;
• How to use multimedia and ICT to present information.
Follow us on twitter to see how we get on!