Our topic for the Summer term is ‘Bend and flow'
This project has a geography focus and teaches children aboutrivers, rainfall, soils and the impact of water on the local community and communities. At the heart of this project the children will learn to write poetry on a rivers theme and develop additional skills in persuasive and report writing. In the Innovate Stage children apply their skills and understanding
by presenting a case for or against the building of a housing development near a river site.
In this project the children will learn:
• About significant rivers of Wales;
• To use a range of geographical skills to investigate the physical features of rivers, including the water cycle, and to consider the impact these features might have on the landscape over time and
in specific locations;
• To develop investigative fieldwork skills;
• To use ICT and other sources to find, record and present information;
• To respond to a stimulus in a creative way, developing skills in the expressive arts;
• To write poetry on a theme using descriptive and expressive vocabulary;
• To present a balanced argument, based on factual information.
Follow us on twitter to see how we get on!