Our topic for the Summer term is ‘Travel Agents.'
This project has a geography focus and teaches children about tourism and the impact this can have on people and places. At the
heart of this project children learn how to write adverts and develop additional skills in the use of persuasive and descriptive language. In the Innovate Stage children apply their skills and understanding by budgeting and preparing an overseas trip for a family of four.
In this project the children will learn:
• To use geographical skills and vocabulary when finding information about destinations;
• About the climate, geographical features and location of a number of holiday destinations;
• How to use maths skills in other areas of their work;
• What life is like for people who live in the destinations studied, and how this might contrast with the experiences of a tourist;
• To locate places on maps, atlases and globes with accuracy, and to calculate distances between destinations and their homes;
• How to present information visually and in writing using a range of media;
• How to plan visits, work out costs and use enterprise skills in a
Follow us on twitter to see how we get on!