Our topic for the Autumn term is 'Wild Woods'
This project has a forest skills and art focus and teaches the children about woodland areas, animals which live in these habitats and food chains. At the heart of this project the children will write poetry using descriptive language about wildlife and their habitats and develop additional skills in writing explanation and information writing. In the Innovate Stage children apply their skills and understanding by creating a 3D installation on the theme of ‘Wild Wood’.
In this project the children will learn:
• About the habitats and characteristics of the local wildlife, and about the challenges facing them;
• How to use a range of sources to obtain information, including fieldwork and ICT;
• To use a range of artistic and technological skills and techniques to create a 3D installation on the theme of ‘Wild Wood’;
• To take account of the views of others and work collaboratively;
• To use visual displays to educate, persuade and inspire others;
• To present information verbally and visually;
Follow us on twitter to see how we get on!