Our topic for the Summer term is 'Growing things'
This project has a science focus and teaches the children aboutthe life cycle of plants, the conditions needed for growth and the names of parts of plants. At the heart of this projectchildren will learn how to write simple reports and develop additional skills in sentence writing, labelling and recording
ideas and first hand experiences. In the Innovate Stage children apply their skills and understanding by developing an area of the school grounds.
In this project the children will learn:
• The names of the parts of plants and how they grow;
• How different plants need different places to grow in different parts of the world;
• How to carry out fair tests and make accurate measurements;
• How to find information from different sources;
• How to write a report and present information, including illustrations and photographs;
• How artists draw plants, how plants are represented in art and how to make observational drawings of plants;
• How to collaborate together in a team.
Follow us on twitter to see how we are getting on!