Our topic for Autumn term is 'Scrumptious'
This project has a Knowledge and Understanding of the World focus and enables children to explore different types of food, including observing and experiencing the changing state of foods by cooking, melting, mixing and freezing. During the Innovate Stage children should be encouraged to think creatively applying their previous experiences, skills and understanding to plan and make a menu of dishes for the three bear’s picnic.
In this project children will learn about:
• Different types of food
• Foods they like and dislike
• The senses of smell and taste
• Keeping healthy by eating a balanced diet
• Measures and money through play based contexts
• Foods from different countries
• The processes of cooking, melting, freezing and mixing
• Expressing themselves creatively using a range of different media
• The Welsh language using words and phrases across a range of experiences both in the indoor and outdoor environment.